What is Farm Bureau?
*An independent, non-governmental, voluntary membership organization.
*A non-profit organization dedicated to protecting the interests of agriculture.
*A member of California Farm Bureau Federation.
"The mission of Santa Barbara County Farm Bureau is to represent and promote
agriculture in Santa Barbara County."
The Santa Barbara County Farm Bureau strives to meet the needs of its 800 dues paying members by working with elected officials, government agencies, educators, the public and the media. A membership in the Farm Bureau reaches well beyond the boundaries of the county. At the state level the California Farm Bureau Federation represents the interest of Farm Bureau members while the American Farm Bureau Federation covers the national scene. In California there are 53 county Farm Bureaus representing over 80,000 members. Nationally, Farm Bureau membership exceeds 6,000,000.
The work of the Santa Barbara County Farm Bureau can only be effective; however, if there is a strong membership to back its efforts. We need your help to guarantee that the work will continue.
What We Believe
· America's unparalleled progress is based on the freedom and dignity of the individual, sustained by basic moral and religious concepts.
· economic progress, cultural advancement, ethical and religious principles flourish best where people are free responsible individuals.
· individual freedom and opportunity must not be sacrificed in a quest for guaranteed "security".
· in government by legislative and constitutional law, impartially administered, without special privilege.
· in the representative form of government as provided in our Constitution and in limitations on government power.
· in maintenance of equal opportunity.
· in the right of each individual to freedom of worship and in freedom of speech, press, and peaceful assembly.
· that individuals have a moral responsibility to help preserve freedom for future generations by participating in public affairs and by helping to elect candidates who share their fundamental beliefs and principles.
· that people have the right and the responsibility to speak for themselves individually or through organizations of their choice without coercion or government intervention.
· in the right of every person to choose an occupation; to be rewarded according to his contribution to society; to save, invest or spend; and to convey his property to heirs.
· that legislation and regulations favorable to all sectors of agriculture should be aggressively developed in cooperation with allied groups possessing common goals.
· property rights are among the human rights essential to the preservation of individual freedom.
Santa Barbara County Farm Bureau is a member of California Farm Bureau Federation, a statewide organization of farmers and ranchers with 53 member county Farm Bureau organizations covering 56 California counties. California Farm Bureau Federation is a member of American Farm Bureau Federation, a national organization of farmers and ranchers with member state Farm Bureau organizations in all 50 states and Puerto Rico.
Santa Barbara County Farm Bureau programs and services, unless otherwise indicated, are available only to members of the Santa Barbara County Farm Bureau.
The positions of Santa Barbara County Farm Bureau organization collectively are expressed within this Web site. The positions of the state Farm Bureau organization collectively are expressed through California Farm Bureau Federation, who’s Web site can be found at http://www.cfbf.com/. The positions of the American Farm Bureau organization collectively are expressed through American Farm Bureau Federation, who’s Web site can be found at http://www.FB.org.
Santa Barbara County Farm Bureau provides links from its Web site to other Web sites as a convenience. The linked sites are not under the control of Santa Barbara County Farm Bureau, and it is not responsible for and does not necessarily endorse the content of any linked site.
Reuse of Material
Any information from the SBCFB Connection, News Releases, or other info from this Web site may be reprinted or otherwise reproduced in its entirety as long as the reprint or other reproduction credits the Santa Barbara County Farm Bureau as its source. For information about reusing or reproducing other material on this site, contact us by telephone at (805) 688-7479 or email@example.com.
Santa Barbara County Farm Bureau does not, without your knowledge and permission, collect information about you by reason of your visit to its Web site, nor does it resell or distribute any site-visitor data, including information that may be collected as a natural by-product of your visit. Direct any questions about this policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer of Liability
Santa Barbara County Farm Bureau does not warrant that this Web site, its host server or any linked sites are free of computer viruses or other harmful components. You use these sites at your own risk. This Web site and material are provided on an "as-is" basis without any warranty of any kind. Santa Barbara County Farm Bureau makes no warranty about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the material, information, services, software, text, graphics, links or anything else appearing on or related to this Web site.
FARM BUREAU, FB and its logos are registered service marks owned by American Farm Bureau Federation.